We will give you back your life and give you an entirely fresh start.
Realising you are over-indebted and not coping with your monthly credit installments is the first step to becoming good for credit again.
Insolvency is the state of being unable to pay the money owed to creditors or when being factually insolvent (Liabilities exceeds Assed value). To be sequestrated means that the Court intervenes by appointing a Curator to deal with your assets and liabilities. No more harassment by Creditors!
Under current South African Insolvency Law, a person can be sequestrated either voluntarily or involuntarily.
Voluntary sequestration is the voluntary surrendering of your estate to the Master of the High Court under the governance of the Insolvency Act 24 of 1936, who will then appoint a Curator to take control over the entire estate. Involuntarily sequestration is the result of and application brought by a creditor.
Sequestration is not to be considered lightly. Specialist legal advice is critical to enable you to consider all relevant facts, including:
- A person will hold the legal status of being Insolvent, which will limit your legal capacity until you are rehabilitated.
- An Insolvent cannot act as a Director of a Company or Member of a Close Corporation.
- An Insolvent cannot obtain additional credit.
- The individual’s insolvent status is also listed with SARS and with the credit bureaus.
- Certain financial institutions also require that their employees are not Insolvents which can have implications for an individual’s employment.
How we can help:
Schedule an appointment with us. During the consultation, we will assist you in determining whether sequestration is indeed the right option.
Should you want to proceed with sequestration, there are a lot of legal formalities of which we take care of on your behalf. You don’t have to appear in Court personally. Once the Sequestration Order has been granted, the Master of the High Court appoints a Curator who must take charge of your assets and liabilities. Once a Curator is appointed, we set up a meeting with the Curator at which meeting we represent you. When meeting with the Curator we negotiate on your behalf certain important aspects.
With 25 years’ experience in this field we can assure you of a proven track record and many satisfied clients. Over 800 clients helped successfully to date. Your application will be handled with discretion at all times.